23. Januar 1942
|GEO & MIL INFO|
|acting commander: GenLt de Angelis,WP|
Barvenkovo fell into the hands of the Reds. Despite its 14,000 inhabitants, it was a meagre nest, but there, in the army supply depot, were stored our rations, the sutlers’ goods and the fodder supplies for our horses. The vehicles that went over once a week to fetch oats returned empty one day. They had not been able to get through. The Russians had collected everything.It was particularly annoying that even our Christmas market goods were already lying there ready. Now the Russians took pleasure in this. They even thanked us over the loudspeakers, the scoundrels. Only a small part had been saved, such as briefcases and pocket knives with the emblem of our division, the Berlin Bear. (By the way, we were one of a total of three Berlin Bear Divisions.)
Mid-January. It is almost windless, but cutting frost. We measure minus 43 degrees. Russian winter!
January February March April May June July August September October November December Eine Art Bilanz Gedankensplitter und Betrachtungen Personen Orte Abkürzungen Stichwort-Index Organigramme Literatur Galerie:Fotos,Karten,Dokumente
Personen-Index Namen,Anschriften Personal I.R.477 1940–44 Übersichtskarte (Orte,Wege) Orts-Index Vormarsch-Weg Codenamen der Operationen im Sommer 1942 Mil.Rangordnung 257.Inf.Div. MG-Komp.eines Inf.Batl. Kgf.-Lagerorganisation Kriegstagebücher Allgemeines Zu einzelnen Zeitabschnitten Linkliste Rotkreuzkarte Originalmanuskript Briefe von Kompanie-Angehörigen
- KTB 257. I.D., NARA T-315 Roll 1805 Frame 000048/51/52; internet mentions 26th
- 23rd acc. to Benary p. 79; 24th acc. to Wikipedia
- This sentence is in the original between the Events of the end of November and Christmas 1941. Barvenkovo did not fall until 23 January. I am not yet able to come up with a new explanation and corresponding reformulation.
- There were the 257th, the 68th (with Berlin Bear, although set up in Guben) and the 293rd I.D.
- KTB 257th I.D. reports -30 °C for the 18th, even slightly colder for the 19th (NARA T-315 Roll 1804 Frame 000757/58), -35 °C for the 22nd and 23.01. (000766/69), KTB OKW 1942 (p. 250) -41°C for the 23rd.